Live dealer games are some of the most exciting and immersive games you can find on real money casinos. They take you directly into the casino environment, without sacrificing convenience. You can play from the comfort of your own home and enjoy the same level of speed, security and accessibility as you can with virtual games, but you will also get the impression that you’re playing in a real casino.
The question is, can you play these live casino games on your mobile device? Are they as accessible as virtual games are or are there limitations?
Live Casinos and Mobile Devices
The mobile gambling market is huge right now. A few years ago it was slow moving and a few major companies (casinos included) actually refused to acknowledge it or cater for it. But it’s a different story now.
Millennials have been the biggest users of mobile devices, and the ones that have helped to move this industry forward. Between 2012 and 2017, the average time that millennials spent on mobile devices went from 107 minutes a day to 223 minutes a day. They were the ones who forced casinos to take notice, and once they did they helped to pave the way for all other generations, including those who were born in the mobile age and are just reaching adulthood.
Not only do casinos cater for the mobile sector, but they often put more resources into it than they do the desktop/laptop one. However, there are some exceptions to this rule and live casinos are one of them.
Can you Play Live Casinos on Mobile?
For whatever reason, live casinos are a little behind the times when it comes to mobile gambling. You will be hard-pressed to find a virtual games room that does not offer mobile compatibility, but the same cannot be said for live casinos.
There are a few major casinos that facilitate live play on mobile devices though and you can find the best of them by checking-in with our recommended casinos.
Benefits of Mobile Casinos
Mobile casinos can benefit from all of the features on a smartphone, and live casino games on mobile devices have become so popular because of all these benefits:
- Play on the Move: As long as you have a connection then you can play. It might be a little distracting playing live casino games as you walk down the street (watch out for that lamppost) but it’s a great way to distract yourself during long commutes.
- Play on any Device: One of the often overlooked benefits is the fact that there are no compatibility issues. All new and old smartphones can be used to access live casinos without issues, but the same cannot be said for desktops and laptops, which are always causing compatibility issues due to drivers, operating systems, and more.
- Fast: Most games have been developed with mobiles in mind, and this is true of many live casino games as well. The touch screens facilitate super-fast and responsive play.
- Graphics: Youf device will dictate how good the graphics are, but whether you’re using the high-tech Samsung screens or the beautiful Apple retina displays, the small size and concentrated pixels ensures every move looks glorious on mobile.
Downsides of Mobile Casinos
There are very few downsides to playing on a mobile device. In some cases it may be too small to see and to enjoy, especially when you are playing on large live blackjack tables and you’re trying to count cards (which is possible on many of these tables). But this only applies if you have one of the few smaller smartphones out there, as all new Samsung and Apple devices are now so big they had to create a new name for them: Phablet.
The only real downside that we can think of is that multitasking is hard. We often play casino games while we write reviews and do other work. We also play them while we bet, watch streams, and even browse through Facebook. It’s easily done on a laptop or desktop as you can just make the windows smaller. But on a mobile it is difficult. Some devices have multi-tasking options, but it’s just not very effective.
You could also argue that there are some security issues, but these are really all down to the player and how much risk they take, as described in more detail below.
Safety Issues with Mobile Casinos
There are a few things to keep in mind when using your mobile device to gamble on online casinos. This is true of virtual casinos as well as live casinos, because while these casinos are extremely safe and secure, there are some things that players can do to lessen this security. Mobile casino players are basically their own worst enemies at times.
- Use Two-Step Verification: This should be used on all accounts and apps that contain sensitive data. You should also make sure that you logout each time that you finish playing. This way, if you lose your phone and someone gains access, they won’t be able to steal and abuse any sensitive data.
- Lock Your Phone: All smartphones have some form of lock on them, whether it be a simple passcode or a fingerprint code. Make sure this is activated.
- Establish Remote Wipe: This is a feature that you can add to all major smartphones. It will allow you to wipe your phone remotely in the event that it is stolen. Not only will it clear your data, ensuring it can’t be stolen, but it will also lock the phone and warn any future owners that it has been stolen.
- Protect Your Emails: It is very convenient to have your emails on your phone, but your email account could be one of the most sensitive things you have. Someone can use your email account to reset all of your casino accounts and other accounts. So, make sure you use a password different to other passwords and that it cannot be accessed immediately by someone who steals your phone.
- Connect Smart: Do not jump onto any old Wi-Fi connection. If it is unsecured, then it can be hacked, at which point all the data transmitted across it can be hijacked. This includes your passwords and your banking details.