The mobile gambling revolution is firmly upon us. For the last few years now there have been more mobile gamblers than desktop ones. Everyone is using their devices to play casino games, and one of the most popular mobile casinos out there is Royal Vegas.
They were one of the first to make the switch to mobiles and today they have one of the best mobile casinos online, especially if you are using Android devices. In this guide we will look at the pros and cons of using these devices to play on the Royal Vegas Mobile Casino.
Can you Play Royal Vegas on Android?
Yes, you can play Royal Vegas Mobile Casino on Android, but Google might not make it easy for you. They are notorious for making life difficult for gamblers and gambling companies and for a number of years they have downright refused to allow any real money gambling apps in their Google Play store.
This attitude makes sense when you consider that even though they are a global company, they are still very much American at heart and online gambling is a controversial issue in the United States. This means that you’re not going to find the Royal Vegas Mobile Casino app in the Google Play Store, but you can still download it onto your device using the Royal Vegas website.
You will need to get yourself an account, download the casino, sign-in, and then play. If this is the first time that you have downloaded a real money gambling app then you will also need to change the settings on your Android device to allow third-party apps to be downloaded. You will likely receive a warning when you download the app, but it’s safe, it’s legitimate, and you will be okay to ignore this warning and finish the installation.
The alternative is to simply use your mobile browser to access the website and to play through there. This is actually the option that we recommend as it takes the stress and the hassle out of the whole process and means you can save some storage space on your phone at the same time. It is secure (more on that a little later on) and it is safe, so don’t worry about any of that.
Benefits of Playing on Android
There are a number of great benefits to playing Royal Vegas games on your Android device, including:
- Power: Android devices are some of the most powerful in the world, allowing you to explore the true potential of casino games, especially Live Casino games.
- Size: There are some big tablets and phablets out there, and there is no notch getting in their way!
- Clarity: The graphics on these little devices have come a long way in recent years and you can enjoy your favourite games in crystal clear clarity.
- Convenience: Long train journeys go by very quickly when you are playing your favourite games and winning a small fortune doing do. This applies to all devices really, but it may make more sense on certain Android devices that have longer battery life.
Issues with Playing on Android
It is very safe and secure to play on online casinos these days, even if you are doing it through your phone and you are using the mobile browser to do it. However, there are a few security risks that might not necessarily be associated with desktop play. The problem is, these risks all come from the user.
In other words, when it comes to online gambling through mobile devices, you might be your own worst enemy. Simple put, if you leave the browser window open and you are logged in, then it only takes one moment of carelessness for that phone to be lost or stolen and for you to lose a lot of money along with it.
If someone accesses your account through a stolen phone then they have access to whatever money you have in that account. They may be able to use the information they have at their disposal to change your withdrawal methods and, if they are particular savvy, to gain access to your own withdrawal methods.
You might scoff at the odds of such a thing happening. But answer this question, do you have any passwords stored on your phone? And if not, do you have your email account open to receive push notifications? If so, it only takes one “lost password” request on PayPal, Skrill or Neteller for someone to gain access to your web wallet and to everything it contains.
How to Stay Safe
To avoid anything calamitous happening, make sure you keep all of the following safety precautions in mind when gambling with your phone:
- Never Stay Logged in: This applies to your web wallet as well as to the online casinos that you use. Emails are okay, no one is asking you to sacrifice convenience, but you need to be diligent elsewhere.
- Lock: If you have a lock on your phone, be it a passcode, fingerprint or facial recognition, make sure you use it.
- Wi-Fi: Do not connect to unsecured Wi-Fi networks. You are only asking for trouble as it is very easy for hackers to gain access to these networks and the information that transfers across them.
- Change Passwords: This applies to desktop users as well as mobile ones. Passwords and other details are stolen all of the time and if you use the same details across a number of sites you could be the victim of a serious hack.
- Remote Wipe: Setup a remote data deletion so that if anything happens to your phone you can ensure the data doesn’t stay on it for long.
As scary as all of this may seem, it is important to note that the vast majority of gamblers use their mobile devices to play these days, many of them are Androids, and very few of them result in account hacks and other disasters. There is a high chance that nothing will happen to you and everything will be okay, but that doesn’t mean that you should tempt fate.
It only takes a few minutes to follow these guidelines, so make sure you put in those few minutes now so you don’t have to spend days dealing with the consequences of a hack in the future.